Friday, October 16, 2009

Chapter 5 Comments from Hopkinsville, KY



Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! Our faithful readers at Holiday Elementary in Hopkinsville, KY just sent me this email.

At the end of Chapter 5, I am calling for Mom and Dad’s help. I asked readers to comment on why they think I need help. Here are the answers from Mrs. Lentz's class:



I think Woody needs their help because there’s a snake and he is screaming a lot. Brandyn



Woody is calling for Mom and Dad because he could have seen a snake and from the story, Woody is afraid of snakes or he visualized a floor. I think what is happening is the snake is in the tent crawling and Woody is scared. Lataviya



I think Woody needs his parents help because there could be a huge bug or a very small animal. I think the animal is looking for food or shelter.



I think Woody found a snake. I think he needs their help because the snake is in the tent slithering around. Donnie



At the end of the story Woody is calling for Mom and Dad’s help because there might be a snake there. The reason he needed help is the snake might be coming towards him. Hayden



At the end of the story Woody is calling Mom and Dad because of a snake in the sleeping bag. Ryoya



I think Woody pulled back his sleeping bag and he saw a snake laying right there. He needed his mom and dad’s help because the snake is coming towards him. Kaci



I think Woody is calling for help because there is a venomous snake under his sleeping bag and the snake is about to bite him. Emily W.



I think Woody is calling for help because he might of saw something. I think a bug is in his tent because I’m very scared of bugs. Sydney



Woody is calling for Mom and Dad because there is going to be a snake or a spider. He needs their help because he wants them to get it out. Koby



Woody is calling for help because something is in his tent and it’s trying to bite him. I think a bat is in there. Hunter



Woody is calling for mom and dad’s help because he probably will find a snake in the tent. He’s scared of snakes and so am I. Jakoyia



Woody is calling mom and dad because Woody saw a snake and he thought he was about to get hurt and he couldn’t handle it. A.J.



I think he needs his mom and dad because there is a snake in the tent and he could not get it out. He was yelling for his mom and dad to they can get it out. Emily H.



When Woody is yelling for help I think thee is the same snake in there and he was about to jump at Woody and Chloe. Logan



There is a snake in Woody’s sleeping bad. Woody is scared of the snake in his sleeping bag. Emma



I think that Woody was needing their help because there might be a snake in the tent. I think that the snake might have been hissing at Woody and Chloe. Cameron



I think that he was calling because a snake was under his pillow. He needs their help to take it out from under his pillow and kill it. Michaela



Woody was having a bad dream. Woody also saw a spider or a snake. Woody would need their help because maybe he would need a first aid kit if he got bit.



Well, I think that a snake was on his sleeping bag and it surprised him and he needs their help getting it off. Faith



I think Woody was calling them because he might have seen the snake again. Woody might need help getting rid of the snake. Josiah



I think that Woody has found the snake in his sleeping bag and it was trying to bite him. Also I think Woody needs his parents help because he might need them to get the snake out of his room. Talaisia



I think he needs help because there was a raccoon eating his food in his tent. I think that Chloe put the raccoon in Woody’s sleeping bag because I would do it to my sister if we went camping. Katie



Woody sees a spider in the sleeping bag. He is a little freaked out so he wanted their help. Annie



I think that there was a bear in his marshmallow bag eating his marshmallows. Madison



I think Woody needs Mom and Dad’s help because the tent broke and it fell on them. Jaxon



There is a snake in his sleeping bag and the snake is trying to bite Woody, and Woody is freaking out! Dylan



I think Woody needs their help because there is something in there. I think there is a snake in there that Chloe put in there. Brittany



I think that there is a small little bug. A bug hole was in the ground then the bugs got out and went into his bag for the icepops. Katyvin



Woody probably got mad and needed their help because a snake was in there and his Mom and Dad had to move it. Cody



I think he needs their help because an animal was in there (snake) that Chloe put in there. Claire



I think that the snake that Chloe and Woody saw when they were getting firewood was in Woody’s sleeping bag. I think that the snake was sitting there trying to eat him alive. Karson



I think Woody needs Mom and Dad’s help because he is scared. I think there is a snake in Woody’s tent. Jack



I think it was that the snake was in the tent. He needs their help because he needs help getting the snake out. Makenzie



Maybe the tent had a hole in it and the snake got in and in his sleeping bag. McCaela



I think that Woody needs his help because there’s a spider or snake or even a poisonous caterpillar. He wants his dad to come and kill it. Kiara



Thank you again for the stories!! We are surely enjoying them!

Mrs. Lentz


A great big thanks to Mrs. Lentz's Class! You will have to wait and see why I needed help! Tune back in next week! In the meantime, be a survivor and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY