Monday, October 12, 2009

Animal Hall of Fame







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! If I have barked it once, I have barked it a thousand times - I have the best life! I get to travel around in the Woody Bus with my family, meet new friends, and experience exciting things! This past Saturday was a day I will never forget! I was inducted into the Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association's 2009 Animal Hall of Fame! There were four animals inducted. We had a fancy lunch at The Galt House in Louisville. They gave me a brand new collar and a shiny plaque to hang up in our doghouse. Dr. James Cecil nominated me for the Hall of Fame. He and Dr. Chris Albert of the Mt. Washington Animal Clinic take care of my siblings and me - and they even take care of Mom and Dad too! Dr. Cecil couldn't be at the lunch, but Dr. Albert was there. She fed me treats. The best part was that Dr. Albert didn't cut my nails or give me any shots at lunch!

I posted some photos for you to see. You can see Mom and me sitting at the table after a delicious lunch. The second picture is of Dr. Albert, Mom and me, along with Dr. Grimes and the President of the Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association. The next picture is of Mom, me, Dr. Albert, Ms. Sharon, and her service dog Yeager. Dr. Albert trained Yeager. Yeager helps Ms. Sharon. Ms. Sharon has Multiple Sclerosis just like Mom does. Yeager helps Ms. Sharon pick up things she drops, help her keep her balance, and assist her with daily task that can be difficult to do with MS. Yeager also won the National Humane Society Award. He has done some incredible things. It was an honor to be in the same category with Yeager and the other dogs that were inducted.

Since you may not can read the plaque, here is what it says:

Kentucky Animal Hall of Fame
October 10, 2009
Presented to Woody
For Being an Ambassador of the Human-Animal Bond
And the Commonwealth of Kentucky
Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association


It was a day we will never forget! A special thanks to Dr. Cecil, Dr. Albert, and the members of the KVMA. (I feel like I am acception an Oscar or something.) And I would like to thank the Academy... Okay, enough I know!

Have a great day! Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY