Friday, November 11, 2005

I won't even tell you what Chloe and I found in the Hardinsburg cafeteria today. You guessed it - corndogs! I was so glad Mommy had packed a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich for Chloe and me.

After lunch, Chloe and I spent time in Mrs. Hagman's class. Friday afternoon meant time in the gym for Mrs. Hagman's students. Chloe and I really enjoy P.E. class. Everyone knows how much we would love to play ball for the University of Kentucky Wildcats! We were thrilled when we learned we would be playing basketball during P.E. time!

Chloe and I put on our best tennis shoes - all four of them - and we ready to play. We chose teams. Ben, Bryce, Mikayla, Meggie, and Taylor were on a team. They decided to call themselves the Louisville Cardinals. Chelsea, Luke, Dusty, Robbie, and I were the opposing Wildcat team. Ms. Hagman, Kaysie, Shayna, Allie, Megan, Kayla, and Chloe were the cheerleaders. Garren, Zach, Jason Henning, Logan, and Bradley were great referees. Tyler was the Wildcat mascot while Jason Parry was the Cardinal mascot. Ms. Cronin and Mommy were the coaches. We didn't know Mommy could coach like that! If you are wondering where Dad is, well, he was the best water boy around!

After a spirited game, I am happy to report that my team (the wildcats) came out on top. We won the game 45-40. Mommy, who was the wildcats coach, was so excited that she did something that I had never seen her do before. She ran out on the court and did a cartwheel with Chloe and the rest of the cheerleaders. I never cease to be amazed at all of her talents.

The cardinals were really good sports but they wanted to play another game. Unfortunately there wasn't time because Chloe and I had to go visit with Mrs. Lucas' class. As we bid Mrs. Hagman's class farewell, we spotted Mrs. Lucas' class heading out to the playground for some fun in the sun. After playing basketball, we decided that some fresh air and sunshine was just what we needed.

Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

Arff!

WOODY