Monday, October 01, 2007

Hometown Hot Dogs!







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is Monday morning and the schedule is the same - washing, drying, packing, loading, and getting ready to leave our doghouse for school visits.

Before we left, I had to tell you about our time in Paducah and Murray this past Thursday. Thursday was spent in McCracken County at Lone Oak Elementary. Everyone knows that McCracken County holds a very special place in my heart since that is my birthplace. We saw so many of our friends - like Mrs. Keeling, the librarian at the Lone Oak Elementary. Mrs. Keeling and Mom knew each other from Murray. Mrs. Keeling has a wiener dog named Sherlock Holmes! Isn't that a cool name? Anyway, it was a terrific day!

We left the school around 3:30 and drove to Mom's birthplace of Murray. The Murray Ledger and Times invited us to a "Meet the Pups" night. Talk about a homecoming! It was a full house. Mom saw so many of her friends. We signed lots of scrapbooks and books, and posed for plenty of photos! My mouth was tired from smiling! Our illustrator, Mr. Asher, was with us. All the kids loved meeting him! A special thanks to Ms. Rouse and Ms. Thompson for arranging the perfect evening!

I better go! I still have to pack my jammies and my Scooby Snacks! I told Chloe I would help her zip her suitcase. She always packs so much that it is hard to close! Tomorrow we will be in Harrison County at Eastside Elementary! We can't wait! I will be sure to post lots of photos and tell you all about it. Speaking of photos, we have new pictures on the Photo page. Be sure to take a look!

Have a great day! Remember to read the story and listen to the podcast! Oh, and don't forget to Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY