Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mr. Dogwood Goes to EASTSIDE




Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is a beautiful and sunny afternoon here at our doghouse in Shepherdsville! Chloe and I have been peering out the window watching our squirrel friends scamper around! Mom said we could go on an afternoon walk soon, but before we did we wanted to tell you about the most fantastic day we had on Tuesday!

This past Tuesday, we spent the day and evening at Eastside Elementary in Cynthiana, KY. Though we had visited the Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library before, we had never been to any of the schools. To say the day was perfect is an understatement! It was one of the most terrific days we have had. The principal, the teachers, and all the students made us feel like we had been friends forever. Ms. Hoskins, the librarian, (see the second photo) planned a great visit for us. The students came up with a petition to change the mascot to the wiener dogs. I don't know if they persuaded Mr. Dycus or not! I guess we will have to wait and see. He may not be a fan of changing the mascot, but we did learn he was a Kentucky Wildcat fan just like us! We knew we liked him from the start!!!

The students have been reading "Mr. Dogwood Goes to Washington." It was fun to sign their scrapbooks and hear their favorite parts of the story. Speaking of, I think my walk on the moon during Chapter 4 was a hit!!!

We can't wait to visit Northside, Southside, and Westside! We will be sure to post photos of all the schools, so stay tuned!

I see Mom getting my leash from the hanger, so I better scamper myself! Enjoy the sun, take time to watch the squirrels, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY