Monday, October 08, 2007

TAILS from Henry and Todd





Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is Monday afternoon and I won't even tell you what Chloe and I are doing. I am sure if you are a faithful reader of our diary, that you know exactly how we are spending our Monday. Yes, it does include washing and packing!

Before we crawl in the Woody Bus to leave for Bethel Elementary, I wanted to tell you about a few different events we did last week. Since our newspaper story, Mr. Dogwood Goes to Washington is running in the papers throughout Kentucky, several newspapers have invited Chloe and me to visit their town for a Meet-the-Pups event. Last Wednesday found us in Henry County, KY with The Henry County Local. So many faithful readers came to say ARFF, have their scrapbooks signed, and snap a photo. We even met another wiener dog named Harley. Harley and I looked just alike!

On Saturday, we traveled to Elkton, KY for a visit with the folks of Todd County. The Todd County Standard invited us to be part of the town's Harvest Fest. We saw so many of our friends, as well as met new ones. We included a photo of our new friend, Aaron. Aaron and I had so much in common. He loves to read, loves music, and is a huge UK fan like me!!! (See his hat!) Unlike me, Aaron is a great banjo player. In fact, he has won several major competitions. (He won the talent competition of the Harvest Fest too!) Aaron and Mom talked about how when you have a talent (and everybody has a talent) that you have a responsibility to use it. Aaron is definitely using his talent! Way to go, Aaron! (I can't wait until we can buy his album! Maybe he will have a song about wiener dogs on it!)

Okay, I better run! Our day is flying by and I still have so much to do before we head to Bethel Elementary in Bath County - including taking a BATH!!!

Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY