Friday, October 26, 2007

Mr. Dogwood has a busy week!







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is Friday afternoon and Chloe and I are still singing rain songs! It has been raining all day. It has been a great day to stay inside and play. Chloe and I had a checker tournament. She beat me all four games! My sister is the greatest checker player!

Anyway, I thought I would take a break from checkers and tell you about the fantastic week we had. As usual, the Woody Bus was all over the state. On Tuesday, we spent the day and evening at Walton-Verona Elementary. Walton-Verona is in the northern part of the state. Our good friend, Andrew Smith, was responsible for our visit. Andrew is a 6th grader at WV. We met Andrew last year. He liked us so much that he persuaded his school to invite us! Isn't that cool? We posted a picture. (The first photo is of Mr. Williams - the principal. The second photo is of Andrew.) Thanks Andrew! You're the best!

On Thursday, we had the great pleasure of seeing all our friends at Johnson Elementary in Laurel County. We had been to Johnson several years ago, so it was great to see all our friends, as well as meet some new folks too - like Ms. Jones and also Mr. Ledger.

During the first assembly, we noticed one of the students had on a funny shirt. You can easily see what shirt I am talking about! This is our friend Noah - and his shirt is the exact reason Chloe and I don't eat hotdogs!!! The shirt made us laugh.

In addition to the shirt, we saw a cool haircut. This student had his hair spiked. I asked Mom if I could spike my hair like that. She explained it wasn't long enough. Oh well...

I better run. We are loading up the Woody Bus AGAIN. Tonight we will travel to Sturgis to sign books at the West Kentucky Book Expo! If you are anywhere in the area, come and see us!

Have a great day! Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY