Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TAILS from Picadome







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is early Wednesday morning and Chloe and I are up and at 'em as the old saying goes! We have been busy little pups lately with our travels. Friday, we spent the day and evening at one of our very favorite schools in the state - no wait - COUNTRY! We were at Picadome Elementary School in Lexington, KY. We had visited Picadome several years ago and couldn't wait to return. Our friends welcomed us with open paws, uh, arms!

Here are a few pictures! The first picture is of Ms.Pam Sims - the librarian. She is a great librarian! She loves books and children and animals. She held me so tightly that Mom said I smelled just like Ms. Sims for two whole days! Mom said that was a huge compliment! Maybe I should start wearing perfume. Wait - boys don't wear perfume.

The second photo is of Ms. Darla Simms - the principal. (Yes, same last name as the librarian but spelled differently.) Ms. Simms also loves animals - and books and kids too, of course! I love this picture of Principal Simms and me - but Helloooo can somebody please straighten my sunglasses???

The third photo is of me walking down the hall. I can't remember if I was going to the bathroom or trying to sniff my way to the cafeteria when Chloe snapped this shot.

The fourth photo shows Mom and me signing Ms. Sim's Author Chair. We signed next to our illustrator, Paul Brett Johnson. PBJ (as we affectionately call him) visited Picadome last year. Anyway, he wrote something on the chair that caught my eye. It said, "The difference between writing and good writing is RE-WRITING!" He's correct! No wonder we love his books so much - especially that spaghetti book. It's my favorite!

The last shot is a group picture. If you look real closely, you can see me in the back! I was surrounded by my buddies - the Dog Pound!

We had a great day and evening! For the Family Reading Night, we had almost 300 people! We couldn't believe it - especially since the CATS had a home game. I was almost late because I was over at Rupp Arena trying to catch a glimpse of Coach Cal. I didn't see him, but maybe next time! By the way, in case you didn't hear, the CATS won that night!

I better scoot. We returned home from Perryville last night and leaving again this evening for a school visit tomorrow. Destination: Glasgow! I will tell you all about Perryville and Glasgow soon. I will also tell you about the fun day we had in Somerset on Saturday!

Have a great day! Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY