Monday, October 27, 2008

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!



Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers and Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Everyone knows how much I love Kentucky! Well, I wanted to tell you about a famous Kentucky man named Darrell Waltrip.

If you know anything about NASCAR racing, you will know Darrell Waltrip. NASCAR stands for National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. NASCAR is the second most popular professional sport. (Football is the first.) Anyway, Darrell Waltrip is a very famous and successful former NASCAR driver.

Mr. Waltrip is originally from Owensboro, KY. He started racing at Ellis track in Owensboro. He was so successful that he moved to Nashville, TN which eventually led him to NASCAR. He started with NASCAR in 1972 and drove until he retired in 2000. After he retired, he signed a contract with the FOX Broadcasting Company to broadcast the NASCAR races. After the cars start the race, Mr. Waltrip says, "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Let's Go Racing!" Chloe and I love hearing him say that!

Anyway, this past Saturday night, our family was in Nashville, TN for a wedding reception. Unfortunately, wiener dogs weren't allowed. Mom said it was for people only. So, while Mom and Dad were at the reception, Chloe, Frannie the Body Guard, and I stayed outside in the Woody Bus. Mom promised she and Dad would only be gone a little while. When they walked back in the bus, Mom said, "Woody, you won't believe who we saw!!!" "Was it Carrie Underwood?" Then Mom said, "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!" I said, "YOU SAW DARRELL WALTRIP?" She and Dad were able to spend some time with Darrell Waltrip and his wife Stevie. Mom said Mr. Waltrip asked how we were doing. Chloe and I couldn't believe it!!! To think that Mr. Waltrip is a Kentucky boy like me! I think it would be so cool to drive a race car. Of course I would wear my seatbelt. Maybe Mr. Waltrip will let me drive around the track one day. I will keep you posted on my NASCAR career, but don't hold your breath!

Right now, the only race I am concerned about is racing off to dinner! Stay safe, wear your seatbelt, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!!!


WOODY