Friday, October 17, 2008

TAILS from Anchorage







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is a gorgeous afternoon at our doghouse in Shepherdsville. We finished our lunch - baked chicken in case you are wondering - and had our afternoon walk. I thought I would take the time to write in my diary. I couldn't wait to tell you about the fantastic time we had yesterday in Anchorage, KY!

Our family spent the day and evening with the elementary students of Anchorage School. It was our first time at the school but you wouldn't know it! Everyone treated us like we were family! We felt right at home! The students were so friendly. I bet every student in the school came up and said, "Thanks for coming, Woody!" "No, THANK YOU!" I would say! "It was our pleasure!"

A great big thanks to Mrs. Robin Gomez and Mrs. Julie for planning the perfect day and evening. We spent the entire day in the library. It had state-of-the-art equipment. As impressive as all of that was, it still didn't top the way everyone made us feel! We also were showered with gifts - goodies bags with our favorite dog treats, a gift certificate to Feeder's Supply, cards, letters, and a lunch that was DEE-LISH!!!

By the way, the superintendent came by to see me. I asked him about changing the mascot from the Anchorage Anchors to the Anchorage Wiener Dogs. He said he would discuss it with the Board of Education. He thought it might be too tough to change the shirts, the letterhead, the sign out front, but again, he would do his best!

Dad took 175 photos at the school. We posted about 5! We will put the rest on the Picture Page soon so stay tuned!

Since it is Friday afternoon, I think I will call it a week! The CATS have a big football game tomorrow night against the Arkansas Razorbacks! In case you are wondering what a razorback is, well it's a pig or a hog! Surely the CATS can win! Can't wait to tell you all about it!

Have a great weekend and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY