Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Guess What Happens Next...



Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! My inbox is overflowing with people guessing what will happen in Chapter 4 of Heads and Tails. When Chapter 3 ended, I had just been hired as a potato digger. Students from Madison Southern High School in Madison County emailed me guessing what would happen next. Take a look:


Hi Woody!

We are students at Madison Southern High School. We are enjoying reading about you and your family every week. Here is what we think will happen to you next . . .



"I think Woody will earn enough money digging potatoes to buy a car.
Then he will use the car to drive around."

Michael



"I think Woody will work hard and get paid."
Nichole



"I think he hurts himself while digging potatoes. He cuts his paw on a sharp rock. Then he meets the town veterinarian who fixes his paw and he makes a new friend."
Mindy



"I think he digs potatoes and gets really dirty. Because he doesn't have any money for food, he has to eat potatoes when he gets hungry."
Ms. Kuhn



"I think Woody works really hard to be the best potato digger he can be.
While he is working, he meets some new friends. He finds it hard to leave his new friends when it is time for him to come "back" to 2008."

Mrs. Hudson



We can't wait to see what happens next week. If you are ever in Berea, Kentucky, please stop by and see us. We would love to meet you in person.



Sincerely,



Melissa Hudson and Class
Madison Southern High School
Madison County, KY

I love hearing everyone's predictions. I love the prediction about the car. Michael, I am curious, what kind of car would I drive? Let me know what you think and I will post it here for everyone to see.

Keep those emails coming! Stay tuned, save your pennies, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY