Sunday, June 08, 2008

Hunter's Masterpiece







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is one hot Sunday today! I just dialed the number where the lady tells me how hot it is outside. She said, "Temperature - 94 degrees!" Chloe and I are two sizzling hot dogs! Since it is a scorcher outside, we have been staying inside, playing checkers, and reading our very favorite books!

Speaking of books, we have a new favorite book! It is called, "Woody and Chloe Come to Taylorsville Elementary." It was written and illustrated by our good friend, Hunter. Hunter is a kindergarten student. We met Hunter during our visit to his school this past year. During the assembly, he earned a dog bone. We became fast friends! Anyway, his class had to write and illustrate their very own book this year and guess who they wrote about? You got it - Chloe and me! It is a terrific book! It talks about the day Chloe and I visited Hunter's school, and about how he earned a dog bone for answering a question. The illustrations are so colorful! Hunter and his classmates shared their books with their parents one night! I bet that was a fun night!

I included a few pictures. The first two photos are of Hunter and his teacher, Ms. Cundiff. Hunter is sharing his book with his classmates and his parents. The next few pictures are ones I took from the book. My favorite illustration is the last one - the one of Hunter and me! I think this book is a masterpiece! Chloe and I read it over and over and over...

Hunter, if you are reading this, thanks so much! Chloe and I have put a little surprise in the mail, so stay tuned!

I better go. Mom and Chloe are making a big pitcher of lemonade - a perfect treat to stay cool!

Have a great day! Drink lots of water, wear your sunscreen, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY