Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Day at the Downs







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! Chloe and I are feeling especially Kentucky Proud today! Our family spent the afternoon at Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY. Churchill Downs is the home of the most "exciting two minutes in sports!" That's right - the Kentucky Derby! In case you are wondering, we weren't racing on the mile and a quarter track, but were attending the 2008 Southern Association of State Departments of Agriculture Conference. It was hosted by Kentucky Commissioner of Agriculture Richie Farmer and his staff. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture helps promote all the delicious food made right here in the Bluegrass! And believe me, we have some delicious food! Mom, Dad, Chloe, and I were able to meet so many great people and smell some yummy vittles! We minded our manners and didn't eat anything, but those chocolate strawberries looked DEE-LISH!

I posted a few photos of of our time at Churchill Downs. Don't you love my new hat? Tate let me borrow it! My buddy Thomas had a "Big Brown" hat I loved too. Of course Big Brown won the 2008 Kentucky Derby! I asked Mom if we could go see Big Brown since we were at Churchill Downs, but she said he was probably tired from all the racing he had been doing!

I love our state - the horses, Churchill Downs, and all our home grown food! It makes me one proud Kentucky Wiener Dog!

I better go! It is almost bedtime here at my doghouse and Mom is getting my snack prepared. I asked if I could have chocolate strawberries, but from the look on Mom's face, I have a feeling it will be bacon!

Have a great night! Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY