Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Day at Southside





Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! The minute I started typing in my journal Dad said, "Woody, we are going to be late if you don't hurry!" We are on our way to Edmonton, KY. I promised Dad I would hurry, but I wanted to tell everyone how much fun we had yesterday at Southside Elementary!

Southside is in Belfry, KY. Belfry is in eastern KY - Pike County to be exact - and is just a couple of miles from West Virginia. We drove to Belfry on Monday night so we could be there early on Tuesday morning. This trip was different. The Woody Bus was at the bus hospital being worked on. So, we took the car and stayed in a hotel. We hadn't stayed in a hotel in a few years. It was so much fun! We wanted to order room service and have our dog food brought to our door, but Mom said the Super 8 didn't have room service. Anyway, it was fun! The Woody Bus is back with our family and we are glad!

Everyone at Southside made us feel so welcome. The school was beautiful and the principal, teachers, and students treated like we were part of their family! The teachers had a potluck lunch and invited Mom and Dad to stay. Chloe and I weren't part of that. (I guess they know about our table manners.) It must have been delicious because all the way home Chloe and I heard about chicken and dumplings, cornbread, green beans, pie, the list goes on and on!!! We are scheduled to go back to Southside in the fall! We can't wait!

Dad just gave me the second call so I better run! Have a great day! Enjoy the sunshine, drink lots of water, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY