Friday, April 11, 2008

The Roarin' Wiener Dogs






Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is Friday morning and Chloe and I are looking out the window as the raindrops splash on the pavement. It looks like it is going to be a rainy day at our doghouse in Shepherdsville! That's a great excuse for me to read my favorite books, challenge Chloe to a checker tournament, and even catch a cat nap! I think I may need a nap! We returned home around midnight last night from one of the most exciting school days!

Yesterday, our family spent the day at Ryland Heights Elementary in Kenton County. We were all so excited about our visit! Mom had been talking with Mrs. Judy Spegal - the librarian at Ryland Heights. We had never met her before, but we felt like we were the best of friends! Once we met Mrs. Spegal, we immediately learned that she loves dogs, children, books, and dogs!!! Did I say that already? Anyway, she planned the perfect day and evening for us!

The students at Ryland Heights made us feel right at home. When Mom and Dad were walking in the school yesterday, students were getting off the school bus shouting, "Woody! Chloe!" Chloe and I were in the Woody Bus saying, "Do you hear that? They are shouting our name!!!" We were so excited! As they were walking into the assembly, they were all smiles!!!

The students asked the principal, Mrs. Barwell, if they could change the mascot from the Ryland Heights Tigers to the Ryland Heights Wiener Dogs!!! Mrs. Barwell said that April 10th could be Ryland Heights Wiener Dog Day! Chloe and I felt like the king and queen of the school! We will be sure to put some photos up on the Picture Page soon. We wanted to show you some of our favorites now!

Chloe just told me she has the checker board ready, so I better say Arff for now! Have a great day! Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY