Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Saturday in Shelbyville





Good Saturday, WoodyWatchers! Chloe and I hope each of you have had a super day. Usually on Saturday, Chloe and I sleep late, watch Scooby Doo, and play with our favorite toys. Well, today was a work day for Chloe, Mom, Dad, and me. But you know what? It was better than a day off. We spent the day in Shelbyville at the Friends of the Library Book Fair. We saw so many of our friends, as well as met many new ones. Chloe and I know one thing for sure and that is that you can never have too many friends - especially good ones like our new friend, Lexie.

Lexie came all the way from Lexington to see Chloe and me. We immediately fell in love with her. I learned very quick that Lexie was a terrific ear scratcher and belly rubber! I asked Lexie if she would come on the road with us and become our official ear scratcher, belly rubber, and fan club president. Her mommy said that she should finish kindergarten first. That's a good idea!

After the library visit, we headed back home. Chloe and I slept most of the way while Daddy drove. Working on Saturday can be exhausting! Anyway, we are back home now, have had our dinner, and are almost ready for a bedtime story and snack. So, I better say goodnight for now. Chloe and I hope you all have sweet dreams!

Next week, we will be on the road Monday through Friday, so stay tuned as we tell you all about our travels. In the meantime, make new friends, listen to your parents, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY