Sunday, September 28, 2008

A House, um, Woody Bus Call



Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is Sunday evening at our doghouse in Shepherdsville. It was the perfect day - a Sunday afternoon nap, a nice hearty dinner, and beautiful weather that was made for playing outside!

Everyone knows that I am a small-town, ordinary, country wiener dog from Kentucky. But I will tell you that sometimes being somewhat well-known has its perks!

This past Tuesday, our family was at Eminence Elementary in Henry County, KY. After we arrived in Henry County, I had a minor - and I mean MINOR - issue that Mom thought needed medical attention. (It was so minor that I won't bore you with the de-TAILS. Think pimple/hang nail/ingrown hair/ear wax/you get the picture.) Anyway, we happen to have a friend in Henry County who is a veterinarian. His name is Dr. Muncey Pryor. Mom called Mrs. Pryor and asked if Dr. Pryor could see me - even though we didn't have an appointment. Dr. Pryor worked around MY schedule at the school and fit me in! Can you believe that? He worked around OUR schedule! While Mom worked with some students in the afternoon, Dad and I slipped away for our appointment with Dr. Pryor. He fixed me right up and I went back to the school as good as new!

Well, if that wasn't enough, yesterday we were at Commonwealth Stadium TAIL-gaiting before the UK and Western game. I had just finished up dinner when Dad said, "Woody, guess who is here?" "The Wildcat? The UK Team? The cheerleaders?" I kept guessing. Just then, I heard a voice say, "Hey Woody! I came to do a house, I mean, um, Woody Bus call. Let me take a look at you!" It was Dr. Pryor and Mrs. Pryor checking on me! Now if that's not service, I don't know what is! So, right there outside of Commonwealth Stadium, Dr. Pryor performed a re-check. He looked me over and said, "Looking good, Woody, looking good!" He patted my head and said he had to go focus his attention on the cats - and by that he meant the Kentucky WILDCATS! Dr. Pryor must be a great vet. I am back to normal and the CATS had a big victory! It doesn't get any better than that!

The UK game was a late game which meant our family didn't get to bed on time. So, Mom is making us go to bed earlier tonight - even though we had a good nap. She is making our bedtime snack now. I better scoot! Take care of yourself, see your vet regularly, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY