Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mr. Dogwood Goes to Owensboro






Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is Sunday evening and we are getting ready to eat dinner. In fact, it is Chloe's turn to put the dishes on the table, which means it is my turn to wash. I thought I would take a minute to tell you about our great day in Owensboro this past Thursday.

We spent the day and evening with the students at Newton-Parrish Elementary. When we arrived, every single person - staff and students - knew our names! Isn't that neat? In fact, during the assemblies, Ms. Moore, the librarian, didn't even have to introduce Mom. Ms. Moore said, "Who is this?" and every student said, "Leigh Anne Florence!" Wow! That was amazing! Everyone made us feel right at home! They had signs to greet us and even a bulletin board dedicated to our Washington D.C. stories.

Speaking of the stories, Mr. Steve from The Messenger-Inquirer in Owensboro came to see us. Mom snapped a photo of Mr. Steve and me. We always enjoy seeing our good buddies from the newspapers across the state.

I also had my picture taken with Ms. Patti Moore - the librarian. She planned a perfect day and evening for us. A great big hug from the entire gang for a day we will never forget!

It isn't a trip to Owensboro without dinner from The Moonlite. It was dee-lish as always! My favorite is the burgoo. Those lima beans make it tasty! Ooh doggies! For dessert, I had just a tiny taste of banana pudding! YUM! (I was careful not to eat too much. I didn't want to look like my picture on the sign at the top!) Hee Hee

Speaking of dinner, Chloe is calling me. Mom is pouring the milk and Dad is placing the food on the table! I certainly don't want to be late!

We will be in Hardinsburg for the next two days with our fourth grade friends at Hardinsburg Elementary! Can't wait to tell you all about it! In the meantime, enjoy your own dinner, mind your table manners, and
Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY