Thursday, November 08, 2007

Mr. Dogwood Goes to Newport






Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is Thursday afternoon and I thought I would take a break from my chores to tell you about the terrific day we had yesterday! Our family spent the day at Mildred Dean Elementary in Newport, KY. Newport is in the northern part of the state. We were only a few short miles from Ohio! It wasn't our first time in Newport. If you followed our journeys in TAILS from the Bluegrass, you know that Chloe and I spent some time at the Newport Aquarium. We didn't see any sharks or fish yesterday - only really nice students and teachers! Everyone made us feel right at home!

Ms. Alexander planned a perfect day for us. As usual, we talked to all the students in the school, and then Mom and I presented writing workshops to the fourth grade too! We were treated like movie stars!!!

After school, Mom and Dad ate at a restaurant called La Rosa's. They said the food was dee-lish! Chloe and I stayed in the Woody Bus and ate our dog food, though a plate of lasagna did sound pretty yummy!!!

I will be sure to put the photos on the picture page soon. I included a few for you now. The first picture is of Mom and me with a group of students after a presentation. Next, Mom takes a lunch break to eat with a group of girls. (Again, Chloe and I ate our own dog food in the Woody Bus.) The third photo is of Ms. Alexander and Chloe. Chloe looks like she is laughing at something funny! Finally,this student drew a perfect portrait of me - a masterpiece if I do say so myself!

As you can imagine, it was a PAWS-atively perfect day! Thanks to all the Mildred Dean Wiener Dogs for making our day unforgettable!

I better go. Chloe and I are packing again! Tomorrow afternoon, we will be at the Kentucky Horse Park from 2-4 signing books. We love the Horse Park. I love to go see the pretty horses in their stables. I love the statues too! On Saturday, we will be at the Kentucky Book Fair in Frankfort. There are going to be 180 authors and over 600 books! WOW!!! If you are in the area, come out and see us!

Have a great Thursday! Remember to Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

Woody