Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers and Happy St. Patrick's Day - even though we are a few days late. Our family spent St. Patrick's Day in Hazard, KY at Dennis Wooten Elementary. We have never seen so much green in our life. We saw green shirts, green hats, green scarves, and even green hair! Chloe and I wore our green bandanas with the shamrocks to celebrate the day. Chloe looks great in green. I like green, but I still prefer Kentucky Wildcat blue!

Chloe and I didn't really know much about St. Patrick's Day so we did a little research. St. Patrick's Day is the national holiday of Ireland. Americans have been celebrating St. Paddy's Day since 1737. We celebrate it by wearing green! If we catch someone not wearing green, we are supposed to pinch them! Mom says it is the ONLY day of the year Chloe and I can pinch each other. Usually, we make sure we have on lots of green every March 17th. Being the pincher is more fun that being the pinchee!

Anyway, we had a great time at Dennis Wooten. Everyone treated us like family! They even planned the menu around our visit. Look at the great food they had! It was DOGlicious!

Speaking of food, I better go. The clock says 4:50 and that means only ten more minutes before dinner time. I have to help Chloe set the table. I don't like being late for anything - but especially not for dinner!

Have a great night!

Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY