Thursday, October 20, 2011

Three Cheers for Madison Payne!



Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! If you are a regular follower of our blog, you know Madison Payne. Madison is a 3rd grade student in Knox County who is one the smartest people we have ever met - and for a wiener dog, I've met thousands of people! A few months ago Madison had a school project where she had to spotlight an author. She chose Mom. She interviewed Mom via email and then put together this masterpiece! Isn't it incredible? We thought you might like to see the questions and answers from the interview. Here are a few just so you can get a sample of Madison's great work!

Where were you born?
Murray, KY. I actually grew up in a little town right outside of Murray called Kirksey. Murray is known for the World’s Best and Busiest Dairy Queen and also the National Boy Scout Museum.

What is your favorite book?
Too many to name. As a child, my favorite book was The Little Mommy by Sharon Kane and also The Pokey Little Puppy by Janette Lowrey. Both are Little Golden Books – and I still have both of those books on my bookshelf!

What is your favorite woody book?
Probably the very first book, The Adoption. I like that one because it is the story of Woody and me. It introduces Woody and everyday when I share the story with kids, it reminds me of meeting Woody for the very first time.

How many animals do you have? What are they? What are their names?
Chloe – 11 year old red, miniature dachshund (from Texas)
Woody – 10 year old black-and-tan miniature dachshund (from Kentucky)
Frannie – 8 year old red tweenie dachshund (from Alabama)
Wally – 2 year old black-and-tan standard dachshund (from Louisiana)
CeeCee – 8 month old red miniature dachshund (from Arkansas)
Boulder – 4 year old black Labrador Retriever
Santa Fe – 5 year old black Labrador Retriever
Moose – 1 year old beagle
Dolly – a cat
Crazy – a cat


Wow! I never knew there were so many of us until I saw our names listed! Anyway, once again we give 3 cheers for Madison - Hip, Hip Hooray! Hip, Hip Hooray, Hip, Hip Hooray!

Mom said that Madison and Taylor may be visiting their uncle soon. We can't wait for the girls to meet all our gang!

I better get to bed! I think I will have Mom pull out The Pokey Little Puppy for our bedtime story! Sweet Dreams, Everyone! Speaking of dreams, don't forget to Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!


WOODY