Friday, April 03, 2009

TAILS from the Courthouse





Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! When you read I was at the courthouse did it scare you? Did you think I was in some kind of trouble? Did you think I was getting my driver's license? Getting a marriage license? Well, none of the above! We spent some time with our friends Hannah and Lilly Mooney and their parents Kevin and Melissa. Hannah and Lilly's dad (Kevin Mooney) is the County Clerk in Bullitt County. We weren't exactly for sure what a county clerk did so we asked Hannah and Lilly. The said the clerk's office is responsible for keeping real estate deeds, running the election, and other important services. The county clerk also issues marriage licenses. I thought about getting a marriage license, but there was one big problem - I am not 18. You have to be 18 years old to get a marriage license. I guess another problem might be that I don't have a girlfriend, but I thought I would be prepared and get a marriage license just in case the right girl came along.

It was such a fun day! Hannah and Lilly love to read. We talked about books, story ideas, and of course animals. I asked Hannah and Lilly if they thought I could ever run for public office. They looked a little hesitant, but I think I would make a great mayor. Maybe I could start by running for city councildog. I bet I would have a great shot at being the dog catcher. I think I will start working on my campaign slogan now!

I better go. It is 4:30 and the day has flown by. I still have work to do. It is my night to set the table for dinner. I can't remember - is it forks on the left and knives on the right or the other way around? If I am going to run for office, I need to know these things. Maybe I should master table manners before I start writing my campaign speech!

Have a great night! Vote for Woody and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY