Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Making my list and checking it twice...





Kentucky Greetings and Merry Christmas! We have been up since early this morning! We wanted to make sure we have everything ready for Santa's visit tonight. Chloe, Frannie, Wally the puppy, and I have already eaten breakfast, washed our face, combed our hair and brushed our teeth. Today is the last day to make a good impression on Santa!

It is raining cats and wiener dogs today. We have a fire going in the fireplace and I have my very favorite Christmas song playing in the background. It's The Christmas Song by Alvin and The Chipmunks! I love to hear Alvin sing about wanting a hula hoop! I don't have a hula hoop on my list. Speaking of my list, it is finally finished. I have worked on it for months and today I am just polishing it up, making sure it's perfect before Santa sees it. Tonight, Chloe, Frannie, Wally, and I will all leave our lists, along with some milk and milk bones for Santa Claus. Mom says that Santa might like real cookies instead, but it has worked every year so I don't think I should rock the boat.

I feel like we have already had Christmas this year. Our family had a treat last week. Our friend Cleo and her mom, Ms. Diane, drove all the way from Evansville, Indiana to see us! When Cleo got out of the car, she was dressed at Ms. Claus - white hair and all! She was in her very own sleigh - her wagon. If that wasn't enough, she had more gifts than Ms. Claus. There were treats for us, gifts for Mom and Dad, BBQ ribs and potato salad from Wolf's in Indiana, and of course, Ms. Diane's world famous, dee-lish, homeade candy. We had never seen so much candy in our life. Our house looked like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory! Just in case you are wondering, we didn't keep all the candy. Mom, Dad, Cleo, and Ms. Diane delivered some to various places in Bullitt County. Ms. Cleo Claus made lots of people happy that day!

Since Cleo was dressed as Ms. Claus, it was only fitting that I was dressed as Santa! We made the perfect pair! You should have heard me saying Ho Ho Ho! Mom said it sounded more like Arff Arff Arff!

I can't stay on too long. There is still so much to do. I think I will test one of Santa's milk bones to make sure they are okay. I want them to be perfect!

I will blog again tomorrow! Enjoy your day, get your cookies and your list ready, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY