Monday, November 03, 2008

Back Home in Western KY







Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! Everyone knows how proud I am of my Western Kentucky roots! Well last week, our family traveled back to Western KY for a visit to South Marshall Elementary School. Marshall County is about 30 miles from my birthplace of Paducah and about 18 miles from Mom's birthplace of Murray. Since we were so close, we had to visit Paducah so I could see my Granny and my cousins. Granny made a delicious dinner for us - complete with strawberry cake. YUM-MEE! Anyway, enough about food and on to the business at hand!

Our day at South Marshall was so much fun! Mr. Chuck Blanchard, the principal, made us feel right at home! We had met Mr. B. before in Murray. It was great seeing him again! He had the school decorated with wiener dogs and dog bones and you know the best part? He was wearing a Kentucky Wildcat shirt!!! What a guy! Actually, Thursday was Team Up Against Drugs day. Everyone was wearing their favorite team shirt. So, Chloe and I wore our Kentucky Wildcat jersey too! Chloe and I are always talking to students about teaming up against drugs. You can't be on top of your game if you are filling your body with drugs and alcohol. I could bark all day about how dangerous drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes are, but I will say this - you will never have to stop smoking, drinking, or using drugs if you never start in the first place! And that's all the wiener dog advice I will give tonight! Hooray to Mr. B and the South Marshall Wiener Dogs for teaming up against drugs!

It always makes me sad when we have to leave Western Kentucky. Mom reminded me we would be back home in a few weeks for Thanksgiving. That made me feel better and besides, I love our doghouse in Shepherdsville too! In fact, the next morning when we went for a walk, we saw the most gorgeous colors. The trees around the lake were bursting with orange and red and yellow. I went and grabbed my camera so you could see!

I better say goodnight! I have so many things to tell you about so stay tuned! In the meantime, stop to look at the colors of fall, team up against drugs, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY