Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'[m Back to Blogging


Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! If you look at my blog posts from the past few years you will notice a trend. I always slow down in the fall. "Were you on vacation?" people ask? "Were you dognapped?" No, none of those things. We just get so doggone busy in the fall I simply can't keep up. There is no way I can tell you all the things we did from my last post in October until today, but here is a lowdown:

travel
write
school visits
church presentations
travel
write
school visits
book signings
travel
charity events
write

You get the picture! That doesn't even count our day to day activities of chores, laundry, cat naps, church, etc. Anyway, my New Years Resolution is to blog more and also tweet and keep up my FB post. I hate it when I get behind. I have lots of things to tell you so stay tuned over the next few weeks as we get caught up.

Chloe, Frannie, Wally, CeeCee, Rudy, and I want to introduce you to our newest family member. He looks very different from us but we love him as if he is one of us. His name is Belfry and he is Mom's service dog. As most of you know, Mom has Multiple Sclerosis. MS is a disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. Mom has balance issues from time to time, has trouble with weakness on the left side of her body, and can have a host of other problems. Belfry helps Mom do chores. He carries the laundry basket for Mom, will balance her on the days she is unsteady, when Mom drops something Belfry picks it up, and the list goes on and on. In fact, Belfry and Mom were main characters in a play at Okolona Christian Church. It ran 3 nights and Belfry was a star! He is one smart pup! As you can imagine, Belfry is with us at all our events. In case you aren't aware, you can't pet a service dog. Belfry needs to keep his focus on Mom and not be distracted. That goes for all the service dogs. So if you see a service dog in the store, as tempting as it might be to pet them, please remember not to. Save up all your pets for Frannie, Chloe, and me!!!

As with everything else, our Tour Page is behind. We are working on getting it caught up. We are looking forward to kicking off the 2013 leg of our tour at Crossroads Elementary right here in Bullitt County. We will post pictures in the next few days.

My Kentucky Wildcats are playing on TV so I better skeedaddle. I promise you will hear from me regularly again so keep checking back! In the meantime, Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY