Tuesday, September 18, 2012

UNLEASHED - Chapter 1


Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! It is a rainy day here at our doghouse in Shepherdsville! Chloe and I have finished our lunch, completed our chores, and are getting ready to play a game of Chinese Checkers! Before we pulled all the marbles out, I wanted to show you an email we received earlier from our friends at Simmons Elementary in WOODYford County. Last year, Ms. Logan's 3rd Grade Reading Class followed Doghouse Divided. Already, her brand new 3rd Graders are reading UNLEASED. Here was an email Chloe and I received last evening:

Hi Woody!

This is Ms. Logan at Simmons Elementary! I have a whole new group of 3rd graders in my reading class this year and they are so excited about reading your new book! They all remember when you came to visit us last year! I hope you and Chloe (and your mom and dad) are doing well.

Here is what my class predicts is in your Rx box:

-Healthy Foods/Water/Fruit Juice
-A book or cookbooks about healthy living
-An exercise machine

We are looking forward to reading chapter 2 and finding out! Hopefully you will be able to watch what foods you eat and get some more exercise so your test scores go down at the doctor!

Talk to you soon,

Ms. Logan's 3rd Grade Reading Class

Mindy Logan
3rd Grade Teacher
Simmons Elementary


A cookbook, you say? An exercise machine? Hmmmm... Interesting! I guess you will have to read the next chapter to see if you're correct! By the way, don't you love our new illustrator, Mr. Chris Ware? And if you haven't listened to the podcast, make sure you do so. Everyone thinks it is so much fun listening to me read the story!

I better go. Chloe just brought me the Chinese Checkers game. She said some of the pieces are missing! Uh oh, I think I lost my marbles!

Stay dry, keep the comments coming, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY