Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Showered with Attention



Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! Our family should be in a school today, but guess what? That's right - more snow! Dad said we had about 6 inches this morning! I didn't know how many inches, but I did know that the snow was almost taller than me. It made our morning walk very interesting, if you know what I mean! The snow looks like it will be here for several days! Hopefully we will build a snowdog later. I will try to post a picture. Anyway, because we are home today, it's the perfect chance to catch up!

A few weeks ago, The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning in Lexington, KY invited us to spend a morning at Liberty Elementary and then spend the evening at the Carnegie Center downtown. It was a very exciting day! We met lots of new folks. We noticed during the morning assembly at Liberty there was a group of nurses seated in the back. I was scared for a while. I was so afraid one of them was going to pull out the nail clippers - or WORSE! After the assembly, the nurses came and introduced themselves. Their instructor, Ms. Judi Dunn, assured me they would not be clipping nails or giving rabies shots! Yesterday, Ms. Dunn sent us the nicest email. I thought I would share just a line or two -

I’m the UK College of Nursing Instructor that met you with the nursing students at Liberty Elementary in Lexington last month. I loved your program! The nursing students are learning how to promote health and wellness and teach “healthy” lessons to elementary school students as well as mentor a child that needs a little extra attention. You were a perfect role model on “how to teach elementary school children”! Thank you! We all enjoyed the lesson in more ways than one!

That made us feel so great! Chloe has talked about being a nurse. She would make a great nurse, if you ask me. Anyway, this email inspired her even more!

A great big thanks to all the nurses who take care of people and animals! You are the greatest!

Have a great day, stay safe in the snow, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY