Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lazy Dog Days of Summer




Kentucky Greetings, WoodyWatchers! Happy First Day of Summer! Once again, I apologize for taking so long to write in my diary. You know how summer can be! Everything is a little slower. Chloe and I finished up our school visits on May 31st and have been enjoying our flip-flops, floppy hats, and shades. We have also been having a blast at the Summer Reading Programs across the state. The theme is "Get A Clue." Chloe and I have had a grand time pretending we are Sherlock Holmes and Watson! Speaking of Summer Reading, yesterday we were in Paris (Kentucky, NOT France). A few of the guys had a skateboard. They were nice enough to let me try it out. It was fun. I managed not to break any bones - of course I didn't do anything but stand on it!

We are busy working on our brand new newspaper story for the fall. I will give you details in the next few days, so stay tuned! In the meantime, I better go. Our illustrator, James Asher, is coming to visit us today. Mommy said we had to pick up our toys and finish our chores before we could go outside.

I PROMISE to write in the next few days!!!

Stay cool, keep plenty of water in your bowl, and Work and Dream like a BIG DOG!

WOODY